TerrAvion is the largest volume provider or aerial imagery to farms in the US. Each week or month, we map more than 100 times as much area as the whole electric drone industry combined. We are able to do this because we have the best model, the best technology, and the best team for delivering imagery to growers. Our company is highly interdisciplinary, fast-paced, and focused on solving real problems for farmers.
TerrAvion sells imagery through a network of analytical partners and agronomic channel partners. The sales associate is focused on supporting our agronomic channel partners, which is in turn, selling programs enabled by imagery to farms. Our channel partners need help to realize the value of data, software, and analytics in their own and their growers operations. If you would like to make a high leverage difference in helping to digitize agriculture and feel comfortable helping agronomic experts improve their business, this job is for you.
– Positive and friendly self-starter who enjoys travel and building long term relationships in regional communities
– Support regional sales manager in managing existing business, grow relationships, and drive technology adoption
– Set up client appointments and attend meetings
– Visits customers to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales
– Supports regional customers
– Maintains up-to-date awareness of company activities
– Able to answer questions regarding products, specs, prices
– Performs additional duties as required
– Self-starter and hard working
– Well-organized and a self-motivated individual that works well alone and with a team
– Exhibit a very positive attitude and possess an outstanding work ethic (service-oriented mindset)
– Required to learn regional agriculture, crop seasons, and the use of data to do precision agronomy
– Ability to plan & organize activities, multi-task, and follow-through to accomplish goals
– Willing and able to quickly learn and demonstrate a thorough and detailed knowledge of our products
– This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
– Capable of gathering customer or product information to determine customer needs
– Must be able to convey information effectively
– Able to establish professional relationships with customers and throughout the ag industry
– Computer savvy
– Ability to learn and explain the use of our digital product and our partners’ products to create value on the farm
This is a remote position that requires approximately 50% travel in the field to meet with customers within assigned regional geography.
College degree is desirable, especially in agronomy, GIS, or similar fields
– Agricultural-based degree or background desired
– Valid driver’s license is required
– Experience with CRM’s is highly preferred
– Experience in business to business and business to consumer preferred
TerrAvion is the largest volume provider of aerial imagery to farms in the US. Each week or month, we map more than 100 times as much area as the whole electric drone industry combined. We are able to do this because we have the best model, the best technology, and the best team for delivering imagery to growers. Our company is highly interdisciplinary, fast-paced, and focused on solving real problems for farmers.
Our work is changing the world for the better, especially for the people who grow our food and wine. We have a culture of responsibility, accountability, and excellence. We take these values seriously with respect to one another, our customers, and partners, though we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We strive to be a place where team members can perform their best.
If you share our values and believe in what TerrAvion is doing, we would love to have you join our team. We offer a continuously improving basket of benefits to employees appropriate for a start-up including competitive cash compensation, equity in TerrAvion, an open office, a fridge full of snacks and drinks, work from home, and discounts on flight training. We are located at the Hayward Executive Airport in Hayward, California.
Please send all resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
TerrAvion is an essential part of the aviation and telecommunications infrastructure supporting the food supply. Just like the agronomists and growers we support, TerrAvion is operating through the outbreak. North American flight services are already in progress as planned. To read the message from Robert Morris, Founder and CEO of TerrAvion regarding TerrAvion’s response on COVID-19, click here.